Project Gestation Period: 5 Years (2019-24)
Project Cost: Rs. 4965.50 Million
Federal Share: Rs. 680.09 Million
Punjab Province: Rs. 1474.86 Million
Sindh Province: Rs. 860.55 Million
Balochistan Province Rs. 1135.00 Million
PublicSub-Total Rs. 4150.50 Million
Private sector share: Rs. 815.00 Million
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Optimal Utilization of natural water resources.
- Up scaling cage culture technology across Pakistan.
- Livelihood and job creation for rural people.
- Increase per capita fish consumption
- Export earnings from cage aquaculture.
Scope of the Project:
- Establishment of three Model cage farms (15 acres each).
- Establishment of Fish Health Labs in Sindh and Punjab
- to 8500 Cage farms for private sector in Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan provinces.
- Subsidy/support to establishment of one shrimp/fish feed mills in private sector
- Training & Capacity Building of 1250 persons.
Expected Project Outcome after Completion:
Annual additional fish production: 25500 Tons
Annual additional revenue generation: 5.610 Billion PKR
Employment Generation (Direct & Indirect) 5000 persons