Aquaculture and Shrimp Farming Project funded under Federal PSDP.
- Cost: Rs. 1997.303 Million
- Approved by: ECNEC on 21st September 2007
- Activities started: January 2008
- Execution by: Fisheries Development Board
- Sponsor: Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock Development
- Location: All provinces, Special Areas and AJK
- Period: 05 Years
Project component includes:
Establishment of new hatcheries, renovation/augmentation of hatcheries at different sites.
- 6 model fish markets
- Model cum demonstration fish farms
- Introduction and promotion of Cage culture.
- Strengthening of Fisheries Wing in Ministry of Livestock and Dairy Development, Govt. of Pakistan.
- Business Development Support to Shrimp Farmers.
- Technical backstopping (both public and private sector)
- Research and Development for promotion of fisheries sector in Pakistan