Establishment of Trout Cage Farming in Gilgit Biltistan Areas
- Cost Rs. 56.030 Million
- Approved by: DDWP in Jan 2015
- Activities started: July 2017
- Executed by: Fisheries Development Board
- Sponsor: Ministry of National Food Security & Research
- Location: Gilgit Biltistan
- Period: 03 Years
Project component includes:
Overall development objective of the project is to increase incomes on sustainable basis of por rural men and women in Gilgit Biltistan areas. The immediate project objectives are:
- Technology transfer through demonstration and establishment of trout cage farm, feed formulation and preparation at farm level, development of cold chain and standardization of marketing practices.
- Build the capacity of poor men and women to initiate the enterprise or improve productivity of ongoing trout farming and marketing activities in Gilgit Biltistan area.
- Support livelihood and food security for local people of Gilgit Biltistan areas.