Penculture of Grouper and Seabass in Sindh and Balochistan
- Cost Rs. 96.0 Million
- Approved by: EDF in Jan 2015
- Activities started: July 2017
- Executed by: Fisheries Development Board
- Sponsor: Ministry of Commerce
- Location: Sindh & Balochistan
- Period: 01 Years
Project component includes:
The project has been designed to promote sea farming near coastal are of Pakistan which is 1100 km in length and have no coastal aquaculture. The immediate project objectives are:
- Promotion of fisheries sector though private sector investment in high value aquaculture and farming systems.
- Establishment of cluster of pen fish farm at suitable sites along the coast of Sindh.
- Establishment and start of coastal aquaculture for the optimum utilization of resources.
- Poverty alleviation and capacity building of the fisher fold involved in fish, fish production, handling storage, transportation and marketing.
- Supply raw material to fish processing industry of Pakistan to realize export potential which is more than one Billion USD.