- Project Gestation Period: 5 Years (2019-24)
- Project Cost: Rs. 2355.13 Million
Federal Share: Rs. 1570.27 Million
KP Province: Rs. 756.86 Million
PublicSub-Total Rs. 2327.13 Million
Private sector share: Rs. 28.00 Million
- The specific objectives of the project are:
- Enhance capacity for quality trout seed production through infrastructure development.
- Support for establishment of trout farms in private sector.
- Promote cage culture technology.
- Value chain development for trout fish produce
- Training & Capacity Building of Public/Private sector.
- Improved Government service delivery to promote trout farming.
Scope of the Project / proposed interventions:
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Component (Rs. 1261.43 Million)
Establishment of 287 trout fish farms in private sector on matching grant basis
Provision of seed to fish farmers
Establishment of one new trout fish hatchery
Renovation & up-gradation of existing seven trout hatcheries
Establishment of cold-water fisheries training & research centre
Procurement of imported eyed ova to replace parent trout fish stocks
The federal government will provide 40% of the KP component cost while 60% will be paid by KP Government.
- Gilgit Baltistan Component (Rs. 493.5 Million)
- Two new trout hatcheries and renovation & extension of seven existing hatcheries.
- Support for Private sector trout farming: upgradation of existing 127 trout farms and establishment of 73 new farms.
- Development of 50 demonstration cage units