- Pilot Shrimp Farming Cluster Development Project:
Federal Share: Rs. 1350.33 Million
Punjab Province: Rs. 2647.025 Million
Sindh Province: Rs. 575.00 Million
PublicSub-Total Rs. 4572.36Million
Private sector share: Rs. 1809.50 Million
- Promotion of shrimp aquaculture in inland areas.
- Development of shrimp value chain, support services and legal framework.
- Livelihood and job creation for rural people.
- Export earnings from inland aquaculture.
- Establishment of one multipurpose hatchery along Balochistan Coast by the Federal Government.
- Establishment of a 25 acres Model Shrimp Farm in Punjab Province by Federal Government.
- Establishment of a Saline Aquaculture Research Center in South Punjab by Punjab Province.
- Trainings 1570 from both public & private sector for human resource development by Federal Government.
- Public Private Partnership (PPP)/Incentivization for private sector as given below:
- Incentives for private shrimp farms development: 3500 Acres
- Establishment of shrimp/fish hatcheries in private sector: 02
- Establishment of shrimp/fish processing centers in private sector: 02
Annual production of shrimp for export: 10500 Tons
Annual Foreign Exchange Earnings: 7.800 Billion PKR
Employment Generation (Direct & Indirect) 3500 persons