|Project Gestation Period:||5 Years (2019-24)|
|Project Cost:||Rs. 6381.86 Million|
|Federal Share:||Rs. 1350.33 Million|
|Punjab Share:||Rs. 2647.025 Million|
|Sindh Province:||Rs. 575.00 Million|
|Private sector share:||Rs. 1809.50 Million|
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Promotion of shrimp aquaculture in inland areas.
- Development of shrimp value chain, support services and legal framework.
- Livelihood and job creation for rural people.
- Export earnings from inland aquaculture.
Scope of the Project:
- Establishment of Hatcheries: one multipurpose hatchery complex will be established in the public sector, along Balochistan Coast by the Federal Government.
- Establishment of Model Shrimp Farm: A model demonstration shrimp farm of 15 acres will be established by Federal Government in Punjab.
- Training for human resource development: 1570 people will be trained by Federal Government.
- Establishment of a Saline Aquaculture Research Center in South Punjab by Punjab Province.
- Establishment of PMU at FDB and Provincial PIB by DoF Punjab and Sindh.
- Incentives for shrimp pond development: 3500 Acres (Sindh 1000 and Punjab 2500 acres)
- Establishment of shrimp hatcheries in the private sector: 02 (private sector)
- Establishment of shrimp/fish feed mills in the private sector: 3 (2 Punjab and 1 Sindh)
- Establishment of shrimp/fish processing centers in the private sector: 02 (Punjab)
Expected Project Outcome after Completion:
|Annual production of shrimp for export:||10500 Tons|
|Annual Foreign Exchange Earnings:||7.800 Billion PKR|
|Employment Generation (Direct & Indirect):||3500 persons|