|Project Gestation Period:||5 Years (2019-24)|
|Project Cost:||Rs. 2355.13 Million|
|Federal Share:||Rs. 1570.27 Million|
|KP Province:||Rs. 756.86 Million|
|PublicSub-Total:||Rs. 2327.13 Million|
|Private sector share:||Rs. 28.00 Million|
The specific objectives of the project are::
- Enhance capacity for quality trout seed production through infrastructure development.
- Support for establishment of trout farms in private sector.
- Promote cage culture technology.
- Value chain development for trout fish produce
- Training & Capacity Building of Public/Private sector.
- Improved Government service delivery to promote trout farming.
Scope of the Project / proposed interventions:
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Component||Rs. 1261.43 Million|
- Establishment of 287 trout fish farms in private sector on matching grant basis
- Provision of seed to fish farmers
- Establishment of one new trout fish hatchery
- Renovation & up-gradation of existing seven trout hatcheries
- Establishment of cold-water fisheries training & research centre
- Procurement of imported eyed ova to replace parent trout fish stocks
- The federal government will provide 40% of the KP component cost while 60% will be paid by KP Government.
|Gilgit Baltistan Component||Rs. 1261.43 493.5|
- Two new trout hatcheries and renovation & extension of seven existing hatcheries.
- Support for Private sector trout farming: upgradation of existing 127 trout farms and establishment of 73 new farms.
- Development of 50 demonstration cage units